Providing a laid back tropical lifestyle, Townsville is known as the Capital of the north with a population of 190,000. Known for year-round sunshine and clear blue skies, locals enjoy an outdoor lifestyle keeping active and exploring nearby nature attractions. Close to the Great Barrier Reef and Tropical Rainforest there is no escaping the beauty of living by these two World Heritage sites.
Townsville offers a dynamic lifestyle coupled with strong economic prosperity. Townsville is a thriving precinct with access to a variety of world class education facilities, leading edge health care, affordable housing, unique retailing, spectacular events and entertainment, dining precincts and a wide range of outdoor recreation options. With over 300 days of sunshine each year, Townsville’s lifestyle is second to none.
- Townsville remains one of the fastest-growing regional centres in Australia with a population of over 190,000.
- Townsville has a strong and diverse economic base including mining, mineral processing, agriculture, manufacturing, tourism and services.
- Townsville is home to events as diverse as the Townsville 400 V8 Supercar race, the Australian Festival of Chamber Music and the Magnetic Island Jazz Festival, through to World Championship Bull Riding, the Townsville Cup horse racing and Townsville Culture Fest.
- Townsville is home to two national sporting teams – the North Queensland Cowboys rugby team (NRL) and the JCU Townsville Fire (WNBL).
- Townsville is unpolluted, picturesque and above all – A great place to live!
Resources on living in, and relocating to Townsville:
Experience a day in the life of a local:
- 7am: Walk along The Strand beachfront
- 7:30am: Enjoy a coffee and breakfast with ocean views
- 9:00am: It’s onto swimming or paddle boarding, or if you prefer to stay dry check out the local boutiques in the City Centre.
- 1:00pm Visit Australia’s largest indoor living reef aquarium Reef HQ, before grabbing an Aussie Lunch at a pub on Palmer Street.
- 4:00pm It’s time to hike your way up Castle Hill for perfect sunset views, before you settle down for dinner over looking Magnetic Island.